Localhut General Terms and Condition
“Localhut” operates under the trading name of the company Localhut Ltd registered in England and Wales under the number 12321575 whose registered office is at Wessex House, Eastleigh.SO509FD.
We are an online [Mobile app] platform which acts as an interface between online “customers” and “service providers” of various type listed in our platform. The legal contract exists between the customers and the service provider. Localhut mobile app only provides the platform and acts as an agent.
Localhut allows customers to choose their local “service provider” to place an order, when placing an order from Localhut app, email and notification is an acknowledgement of order receipt not a confirmation, once the “service provider” accepts the order a contract between customer and service provider comes into existence. Localhut is not liable for any damaged or any losses, that includes defective goods or products, damages to your order, or late delivery of your order, by ordering services from Localhut, you are indicating that you understand and agree to these terms.
When order/services are requested on Localhut, we will send your order to the relevant service provider. On receipt of your order the store will either accept or reject your order. Although almost all orders will be accepted, there may be times where a store is unavailable to fulfil your order and the order will be rejected. This may be because items are out of stock or the stores unable to make a delivery at that time.
When an order is rejected you will receive a notification by email. Any payment made will be voided. For most banks this will show on your statement within 24 hours, however some banks will take up to 10 days to refund the transaction.
It is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, alcohol, or for any person to buy, or attempt to buy, alcohol, tobacco or other smoking products on behalf of any person who is under the age of 18.
When ordering alcohol, tobacco or other age restricted products you warrant that you are at least 18 years old. When age restricted products are delivered / collected you may be asked to provide proof of id.
We reserve the right to refuse delivery/collection in accordance with our regulatory requirements and ethical policy in particular:
- We will not provide delivery or allow collection if you are unable to provide ID and you look under 25
- We will not provide delivery or allow collection to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs
- We will not provide delivery or allow collection to any person if that person is, or appears to be, purchasing on behalf of someone who is under the age of 18
Localhut allows customers to choose their local “service provider” to place an order, when placing an order from Localhut app, email and notification is an acknowledgement of order receipt not a confirmation, once the “service provider” accepts the order a contract between customer and service provider comes into existence. Localhut is not liable for any damaged or any losses, that includes defective goods or products, damages to your order, or late delivery of your order. All delivery or collection times are estimates only, we do not guarantee that that the order will be delivered or ready for collection by the quoted time.
Order Changes and cancellations
When placing an order with Localhut, please review the service provider’s order/service amendment note, some service provider may accept amendments once the order is accepted. It is recommended you contact the service provider directly if you would like to request a cancellation or amendment to your order.
As part of the transaction you will be charged a small service charge for the use of our service. There will be no partial refunds for this service charge in the event some items are unavailable or not accepted. In the event your order is cancelled or refunded in its entirety the service charge will also be refunded.
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Localhut, and its directors, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever.
We are not responsible for delays outside of our control. If our delivery of the order/service is delayed by an event outside of our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take reasonable steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but have not yet received.
Seller Terms (Partners)
Sellers (Partners) sign up on LOCALHUT platform app [whether digitally or otherwise] and relay the same to LOCALHUT is entering in to contract agreement with Localhut Ltd., a company registered under the Companies Act, having its registered office at 9 Bill Luffman Way, Eastleigh, England, SO50 5RZ (“Localhut” or “Service Provider”)
- Sellers (Partners) understands that Localhut is engaged in the business of inter alia operating an online platform under the name and style “Localhut”, through its Platform, which enables transactions between Sellers and Buyers, dealing in goods and services. The Platform is utilized by Buyer(s) to choose and place Order(s) from a variety of goods and services listed and offered for sale by Sellers on the Platform. The Seller wishes to avail the Services enabled by LOCALHUT on a non-exclusive and contractual basis subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Seller Terms, which includes, inter alia, warranties provided, obligations, intellectual property rights, confidentiality, responsibilities and grounds for termination.
- The Seller (Partners) represents and warrants that
- it is engaged in the business, under the brand name given while registration on line or offline, offering goods and services through its outlet/store/ owned andmanaged by the Seller only.
- it has full power and capacity to enter into and perform its obligations under this T&C;
- has taken all necessary licenses applicable to its business and is fully compliant with the applicable laws including but not limited to provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act,
- it shall not provide for sale on the platform, or for delivery pursuant to sales facilitated on the Platform, any food items that may be unsafe, or misbranded or substandard or which contain extraneous matter or for which a license is required, except in accordance with the conditions of the license; and
- all the information and contents provided by it, as required, to LOCALHUT are true, correct and
- The Seller (Partners) shall pay to the LOCALHUT service fees which shall be calculated in the manner as specified in the Commercial Terms.
- The Seller (Partners) understands and agrees that LOCALHUT shall collect, for and on behalf of the Seller, the payments received from the Buyers and remit the same to the bank account of the Seller in accordance with the Payment Terms after deductions of Service Fee and Other Charges, if any as and VAT & other taxes applicable thereon at the prevailing
- The Seller (Partners) understands that LOCALHUT shall send consolidated reports of Orders placed and other details for the Settlement Period and invoice/s to the Seller by electronic mail.
- The Seller (Partners) confirms and undertakes that it has read, understood and agrees to be bound by the terms set out in the Seller Terms that are incorporated by reference herein and are deemed to be part of this T&C.
- The effective date (“Effective Date”) of this T&C shall be the date on which the Seller sign up on LOCALHUT platform app [whether digitally or otherwise] and relay the same to LOCALHUT. This T&C shall thereon have full force of a contract and shall bind both Seller and LOCALHUT fully upon on-boarding of Seller (Partner) on
- The Seller confirms and undertakes that the supporting documents provided by the Seller (Partner) along with this T&C are true and correct to their knowledge and